1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

A Weekend Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Punter, Oct 7, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Is she fcuk, she started on the 10th.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

I see what you've done there, make me look a cock why don't you:lol
  3. slick

slick Administrator

She can't find her fcuking shoes now, say's it's a mystery:banghead
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I could mention the shoes in the wardrobe that would supply a small army for 10 winters but you know it's not worth it lads.
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Now that is a comedy image. A small army......an army of dwarves attacking wearing a variety of women's shoes:lol
  6. slick

slick Administrator

You quoted that b4 I added the winter bit for effect:lol
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Annnnnnnnd she's finally done:dance
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Have a good one Slick (and Moans).

I'm off ta bed. A shift from hell today. I'm on my 60 hr week too, got two more 12hrs to do tomorrow and Sunday. Fucked.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

...and they wonder why we just say "yeah course" when they ask us if they look OK. We ain't got time to wait for another change!
  10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

My pal that took the wee turn in the office about this time last year died on Sunday so he got less than a year after being diagnosed with cancer.

It's been very hard watching a very close friend deteriorate so much in a relatively short space of time.

Anyhow - got feck all planned for today apart from watching footie and racing and drinking keg.

Still can't get my head round you just heading out at 10pm Slick. I'm usually staggering in the door at that time with a takeaway under my arm.
  11. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Sorry to hear that Kegman. Horrible to have to see someone close to you suffering like that.
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That's what gets you Keggers, the speed of the whole thing. How many times do you hear about somebody going to the doctors one day and not being around a year later. They keep saying that cancer treatment is getting better but I just don't believe it I'm afraid. The stories I hear (and I'm not just talking about people I know, that would be understandable as you get older) get more and more frequent I'm afraid. I don't doubt that medical advances have advanced but it's step one that's the problem. The quicker things are diagosed, the better people's chances and the NHS is getting under more and more pressure to get people in ASAP and people are still slow in going to the quacks in the first place (especially men).
  13. slick

slick Administrator

My condolences too Keggers, puts lifes problems into perspective when you hear news like this no matter how big you think they are.
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

Sorry to hear Kegman. A horrible, cruel disease.
  15. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

He was due to retire at the end of this month. He had planned what he wanted to do with his grand children and everything but never got to see any of it.

Although he was 17 years older than me - he took me under his wing at work 30 years ago and we became very very good friends. Our familys are still very close and have been on many holidays together.

His funeral is on Monday and although I've had to say goodbye to family members like my granny, aunts and uncles I'm really not looking forward to his.

Not that i needed it a lot but If i needed anybody to go to he was the man. We bounced so many ideas / issues of each other. I miss him. :cry
    slick and Punter like this.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

I think with family members you have an internal support network around you with other family members sharing the burden, when it's a friend you don't want to intrude on their privacy and the end usually comes as a shock even though it's expected.

Plus with older family members that usually die you're not as close to them as you would be your best friends who you've shared most of your inner secrets and problems with.

Hope the funeral goes as well as can be under the circumstances mate.
    Kegman likes this.
  17. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Well said slick. You've summed it up in a minute what i tried to say in 30 mins.

One of the funniest nights we had together was the first night either of us had went to the strippers. He was very much my senior but had never been before as me neither. Fucking hilarious. I'll go to the grave with what happened that night but i won't mention it on Monday.

:lol:lol:lol
    slick and Punter like this.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

I still don't know to this day how you got those feathers out of your arse.
  19. Seen

Seen Moderator

My condolences too, mate.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

I think I'm coming down with the flu or something, Cleggy came into my place at work on Wednesday coughing and spluttering complaining of not feeling well, then phoned in sick the day after and hasn't been in since, I think the cnuts passed it onto me.

I'm trying to battle it with Whiskey and Lemons.