1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Coronavirus Covid-19

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Mar 20, 2020.

1. slick

slick Administrator

I mentioned that last week Seen, local shops have the lot but people have become sheeps to the Supermarkets and are fcuked if they can't get everything they want in one hit.
    Hopefully people will now get to know their local traders and see how valuable they are, if it wasn't for them most of us would be fcuked for essential items.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

That's been plastered all over the news today, it should actually read 'had no known health issues' she'd be an anomaly if there was nothing wrong with her.
    For the greater good, I hope they do find something wrong with her.

It's a travesty either way for somebody to die at that age, RIP kidda.
    ONEDUNME likes this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

So true and as I mentioned before one of the Northern Ireland victims today was a lady from a care home , :crossfingers it was an isolated incident.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

5. slick

slick Administrator

This chart shows what ODM was talking about when he was having a go at me the other day:lol
    you cannot compare countries on different dates based on death rates alone.

1.PNG 2.PNG
    ONEDUNME likes this.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Spains trajectory is just insane when everybody thought Italy was bad.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

As I've been predicting for a week mate:lol. That chart of deaths by date is excellent:clap:clap:clap

Although I've been going on about us being in a good position relative to the increases for Spain, Italy and France, as the figures vary over the next week, it wouldn't take a massive shift in numbers for us to overtake France. According to the graph that I've created, we are only two to three days behind them at times, so we should be looking at their figures closely as the lockdown kicks in and hope that, if their figures do improve to be better than ours on my graph in the next week (as they should do) then the same thing happens to us.
    slick likes this.
  8. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Figures from Spain for today show a slight improvement (well, in as far as 655 people dying in a day can be called an improvement).

Official figures for the number of deaths over the last 6 days were 215, 344, 394, 462, 507 and 738, so 655 today is a move in the right direction :crossfingers
    slick and ONEDUNME like this.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Just noticed that, like you say it's not great but lets hope hope the curve is now on it's way down:crossfingers
  10. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Like Boris said yesterday, better to take the time to make sure you get the right stuff as wrong testing is worse than no testing
  12. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

When your country's politicians can make even Boris Johnson look sensible, it's time to concede defeat. I'm off to lick a few supermarket shelves, might as well get this sodding virus now and be done with it :lol
    slick likes this.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

14. slick

slick Administrator

I thought Moans had threw some chips in then, turns out the whole neighbourhood was clapping for the NHS:clap
    It was quite emotional really, I was nearly filling up:lol
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Apparently most A&E departments are very quiet now, just goes to show how many soft bastards were abusing the system.
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

First time I've had a round of applause for getting me bins in.
    rcgills and slick like this.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

At least your's are getting collected.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

FT now free for Corona virus news so I've nicked this graph off them...

1.PNG
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Belgium's early lockdown doesn't seem to be helping them much.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Was the Chancellors news tonight regarding self employment any benefit to you Seen?