1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Jun 14, 2012.

1. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

Anyone that enjoys first person shooters... Rainbow Six Siege (PS4 and PC) is as good as it gets. It's fucking genius. And it's horrifying and frustrating because it's so good. When your team doesn't help you... cunts. Filthy cunts. When it all clicks... you won't find anything better imo. Mostly "Dirty French cunts... bleh!" I'm obsessed with it :(

2. MickeyPaul

There was an episode 2. All the folks that play this game really hate me and I don't know why :( Me and Teezo do a lot of good work :(

3. MickeyPaul

Tropico 4 is free (PC) on Humble until tomorrow. Never played it but it's a popular and highly rated strategy game. I think it's a sort of sim city/civilisation style game: https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Worth a go for FUCK ALL.
  4. AnothrSpacecat

AnothrSpacecat YES voter

Has anyone here ever played Mount and Blade? Its probably the most fun single player game I've worked through in the past 4 years. I thought M&B 2 was coming out this month but its not going to be until fucking 2017, anyone thats played the first one and the expansions will know how frustrating that is.

Been playing a bunch of Civ 5 this summer with friends online, single player the games boring as shit as you can min/max any civ to an easy win even at the hardest difficulty level. Civ 6 is coming out very soon so we'll probably take that up, even though I'm expecting it to be a buggy, unbalanced piece of shite for its first few months.

I hope you didnt buy no mans sky MP, I knew from the outset the game was going to be dire with no PvP (even if there was nominal multiplayer) and about 1/50th of the features of PC space sims. I eventually pirated the game day 2 of teh PC release and lasted about 5 hours before the penny dropped. The fallout from it was hilarious as a PC guy who has seen a bunch of shitey early access games never get finished or live up to expectations, the console players have pretty much never been through it before, it was like me in 2014 with Starforge.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Can't say I've ever heard of mount and blade tell the truth Spacecat, probably because I've been limiting my games to consoles rather than the PC over the last 5 or 6 years, PC games are great but I like the convenience of consoles and just lying back on the couch with a gamepad in my hand. I've not touched PC gaming since COD2 and it nearly resulting in divorce:lol

Anybody got the new PSVR headset yet that was released yesterday?
    I've tried VR and it's definitely the future of gaming but I'm a bit wary of splashing cash on something first generation only to find out 12 months down the line there's something out 10 x's as good for a fraction of the price.
    I fell for that in the digital camera era when I splashed out £600 quid for a 460k pixel camera only for the megapixles to come out a few , months later and another £120 notes for 2 x 2mb memory cards lol, the cnut was in the loft 6 months later and still there.
  6. Howson

Howson Active Member

7. slick

slick Administrator

You've 'quoted' there Howson but haven't replied.

What do you want to say?
    Bear in mind the only gaming you know is darts.
  8. Howson

Howson Active Member

Have a look again at the message above, relating to dovorce :lol
  9. slick

slick Administrator

View attachment 2662
    1.PNG

Nope I don't see one.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

I've edited your original post and now see 'Unlucky' lol.

Next time you use 'quote' , leave the remark under the 'quote' and not within it because nobody will see it......numpty:)
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Like this..

Unlucky
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Fcuk it, remind me on Monday and I'll show you.
  13. Howson

Howson Active Member

Ha ha its midnight on friday, and ive been drinking since 5 - :lol
  14. Seen

Seen Moderator

Just bought myself one of these beauties...

http://www.funstockretro.co.uk/jxd-s7800b-android-gaming-tablet

[​IMG]

Well, it's my Xmas present from the kids actually, looks a very nice piece of kit.

It's basically a Chinese 7" android tablet in a PSP-style shell and plays just about every emulator out there, even comes with them pre-installed.

Found it very hard to find a UK seller, sold out just about everywhere, presumably due to it having sparkling reviews everywhere you look. Got one for £112 from Aliexpress from a seller who keeps stock in UK.

I was originally going to buy the new Spectrum Vega+ which looks gorgeous, but this plays Spectrum games along with all the rest.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

Looks, trick!

How many games come pre installed? Many old Mega Drive games on there is what i really want to know
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

You just download the games and drag and drop using usb, or use the Happy Chick app which is on there to download them direct.

Punter likes this.
  17. Seen

Seen Moderator

18. slick

slick Administrator

Looks good but everytime I've bought a handheld console in the past it gets used for about a week then ends up in a cupboard, kids when they were younger though used to hammer them.

Suppose at that price though and thousands of free games there's nothing to lose, tell us how you get on with it.
  19. Seen

Seen Moderator

Yeah, I've got a drawer with PSP's and DS's in which haven't been used in years but this covers such an array of gaming systems, Spectrum, SNES, MAME, Amiga, PS1, Dreamcast, NDS, PSP etc etc, there's gonna be something on there for everyone. Even Mrs Seen will play it, she likes those daft bubble-popping arcade games and such.

It also plays the new android games too (one review said it has direct links to cracked versions too lol), which I usually hate due to the touchscreen joystick controls, but they'll be so much more playable with the proper gaming thumbsticks and D-pad (which is said to be excellent).

Having said all that, I really struggle to find the time to play games now, even with my gaming room with all the systems anyone could want. I got Unchartered 4 for Xmas last year and am only about a tenth of the way through :ohwell
  20. slick

slick Administrator

I'm the same time wise with games, it's been a couple of months since I last picked up my joypad and I've got loads to get through one game or another.

Does that JXD have hdmi out? , that would be handy.