1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Jun 14, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

contains..
    Alex Kidd
    Alien Storm
    Altered Beast
    Arrow Flash
    Bonanza Bros
    Chakan
    Columns
    Columns lll
    Comix Zone
    Crack Down
    Decap Attack
    Mean Bean Machine.
    Eswat.
    Eternal Champions.
    Fatal Labyrinth.
    Flicky.
    Gain Ground.
    Golden Axe.
    Golden Axe ll.
    Golden Axe lll.
    Jewel Master.
    Kid Chameleon.
    Mortal Kombat.
    Mortal Kombat ll.
    Mortal Kombat lll.
    Phantasy Star ll.
    Phantasy Star lll.
    Ristar.
    Shadow Dancer.
    Shinobi lll.
    Sonic 3D Blast.
    Sonic & Knuckles.
    Sonic Spinball.
    Sonic The Hedgehog.
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2.
    Sword Of Vermilion.
    The Ooze.
    Vectorman.
    Vectorman 2.
    Adventure in The Park.
    Air Hockey.
    Black Sheep.
    Bomber.
    Bottle Taps Race.
    Brain Switch.
    break The Fireline.
    Bubbles Master.
    Cannon.
    Checker.
    Chess.
    Cross The Road.
    Curling 2010.
    Dominant Amber.
    Fight or Lose.
    Flash Memory.
    Hexagonos.
    Hidden Agenda.
    Hide and Seek.
    Jack`s Pea.
    Jewel Magic.
    Jura Formula.
    Lost World Sudoku.
    Mahjong Solitaire.
    Meatloaf Rotation.
    Mega Brain Switch.
    Memory.
    Mirror Mirror.
    Mr. Balls.
    Mya Master Mind.
    Naval Power.
    Panic Lift.
    Plumbing Contest.
    Skeleton Scale.
    Snake.
    Spider.
    T-Rex Memory Match.
    Wall Breaking.
    Warehouse Keeper.
    Whack A Wolf.
    Yawning Triceratops
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Ehhm, forget about hat one as it would be better to get one with HDMI output.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

There's something called a retropie (raspberry pie based) that gets rave reviews, is that what he's on about?

That looks ok because it's a decent processor and hdmi too, plus you can buy the full kit to save faffing about with individual components.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Slick. That emulator looks good but there are a few games missing that i want. PGA Tour 2 for me and Lemmings for the mrs is a must.

I'm not sure what my mate means tbh. He just said that you can get every game from every console ever made loaded on to it, rigged up to the tv
  5. slick

slick Administrator

You probably can but If you've never setup a raspberry Pi before and he's willing to do it for you then go for it.

Just had a look on ebay and original megadrive games seem to be selling at a half decent price, I remember throwing loads in the bin a few years back thinking they were worthless.
    Punter likes this.
  6. Seen

Seen Moderator

I think there's a Raspberry Pi 3 out now which is a lot more powerful, you can get many emulators running on it.

If you look around you can find them fully loaded.
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

One of the guys on a Facebook group I'm in is selling them pre-loaded...

Raspberry Pi 3 running the very latest Retropie. A really awesome and fully packed package. Preinstalled with:

Sega Master System (322 games)
    Sega Mega Drive (698 games)
    Sega 32X (47 games)
    Nintendo Gameboy (589 games)
    Nintendo Gameboy Colour (486 games)
    Nintendo Nes (756 games)
    Super Nintendo (745 games)
    Atari 2600 (3862 games)
    Atari 7800 (211 games)
    Atari Lynx (176 games)
    PC Engine (365 games)
    Commodore Amiga (387 games)
    Sinclair ZX Spectrum (2764 games)
    Amstrad CPC (3781 games)

Plug and play, hook up to any modern HDMI TV, plug in any USB controller (including xbox/Playstation), comes with transparent case. This will keep you entertained for hours and hours guaranteed.

£95 posted.

[​IMG]

You can buy the Raspberry Pi 3 for around £35 I think but this is a decent price considering the time and effort you'd need to put in not only downloading all the roms and moving them over to the Pi, but installing and troubleshooting the emulators.

There are plenty of tutorials online if you wanted to do it yourself but it's sometimes a lot of work.
    Punter and slick like this.
  8. Seen

Seen Moderator

If you grew up playing arcade games in the late 70's / early 80's, watch this video for some fine nostalgia. For me, it was the sounds and music which brought back the strongest memories rather than the visuals, perhaps because we see pictures of old games all the time but don't hear them.

Punter likes this.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Seen. A mate said he'd load the lot on for me, for a tenner. He did his own and knows what he's doing.
  10. Seen

Seen Moderator

Nice one mate, can't go wrong with that :thumb
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Ditto.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Anybody playing Battlefield 1 on PS4?
    Guy in work has been playing it and say's it's brilliant, Argos have dropped the price to £21.99 for the evolution version which comes with the premium pass (whatever that is) and 4 free dlc's, so I've reserved it to collect, just wondering if anybody else has views on it before I pick it up.
  13. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

You played any previous Battlefields, Slick? I still pop into Battlefield 4 occasionally and I gather it's a lot like that so.. expect pure fucking carnage and dying a lot to crazy explosions and snipers. We loved COD United Offensive though and the Battlefield games are a bit like that, turned up to 11...

I don't suppose anyone has tried the PC phenomenon which is "PLAYER UNKNOWN BATTLEGROUNDS" perchance? I believe it's coming to xbox at some point. A Battle Royale game - last man (team) standing. It's absolutely compelling but still in early access and with over 2 million concurrent players at peak time... laggy as shite and buggy and irritating, frustrating, often slow gameplay... horrible on many levels. Compelling though. Addictive. Can't stop playing. Bah!

A wee clip of me and Greenie trying to get to the safe zone in a shitty eastern European car:

A wee bit of our standard gameplay (usually play drunk otherwise we'd be good imo)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  14. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

There's an arcade, cartoon style, version of PUBG on PC called "Fortnite" which is free to play if anyone is into the Battle Royale style. Runs nice etc but.... me and Teezo are finding it a bit "spastic" in that there's not really any breathing space to loot or plan. It's relentless as they've gone with 100 players same as PUBG but on a map about 1/4 the size. You can genuinely have 10 matches in a row where you land and die within a minute. Most of my time has been spent hitting the "return to lobby" button. :(
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Nah I haven't, went into it all doey eyed with the gentle build up in the historic prelims getting to know the weapons and history of the battles, fine I think, I can handle this; then go multiplayer and get battered to fcuk, In COD I at least had the time to raise the weapon to my eye.

Won't give in though because I'm on a console unlike a PC like in the good ole days, just a matter of time b4 i get my eye in hopefully:naughty
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

17. slick

slick Administrator