1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Seen's daily Crazy Facts thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seen, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Seen

Seen Moderator

I'm gonna stick up 5 facts each day, 4 will be true and one false. See if you can guess which of the 5 is not true.

Actually, the thread title is a bit of a misnomer, as my history of forum posting strongly suggests that it's highly unlikely that I'll post them up every single day, as no doubt some days I'll forget, can't find the time or, more likely, just can't be bothered. Or maybe I'll have been arrested for that thing I did back in the 90's (damn DNA :mad:).

Everyone who correctly guesses the correct false fact wins a fiver off Slick

~~~~~

1. The average person walks the equivalent of one and a half times around the world in a lifetime.
    2. Kangaroos have three vaginas.
    3. 40% of the human race did not survive beyond its first birthday.
    4. The Queen is the legal owner of one-sixth of the Earth's entire surface.
    5. The words written on Twitter every day would fill a 10-million-page book.
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'd go for number 4 (without any googling).
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Although this one is the most unlikely

Everyone who correctly guesses the correct false fact wins a fiver off Slick
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Fcuk off you, I've got enough from India and Africa already trying to sign up to post spam never mind offering them a fiver.

I was going to say number 5 but it's a bit ambiguous because it doesn't say how big the page is.

I'll guess number 1
  5. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

The correct answer is 1, or rather the correct wrong answer is 1, assuming that you could walk around the equator at 3mph for 24.900 miles and didn't stop this would be 345 days. Assuming that a man lives to 80 years he will walk 110,000 miles, so he's walking four times plus round the world.

Answers 2, 3 and 5 are true, and by law the Queen does hold land in Canada in trust for the nation (what a joke), the world's second largest country and also land in Australia.

Of course this kind of thing has been done before.. http://betnod.com/threads/adolf-hitler-died-in-argentina-in-1962.430/
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

It always spoils it when some cunt insists on resorting to Google. Well done Steve
  7. slick

slick Administrator

So we're looking for the false fact, I thought we're looking for the true one hence me guessing number 1.

In that case I'll go back to number 5 because that's like asking how longs a piece of string because you could get all the words of twitter on one page if it was big enough.
  8. Steve_uk

There are five statements purporting to be true, but only one of them is true: four "facts" are in fact lies. I suppose it's an oxymoron.

If we're not supposed to use Google this should be stipulated in the rubric.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Since when has "guess" meant "look it up on Google"?
  10. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

err no

11. Steve_uk

So I'm supposed to guess whether a kangaroo has three vaginas..
  12. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Why do you think Skippy was known as the bush kangaroo :beer
    slick likes this.
  13. Seen

Seen Moderator

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!
  14. Seen

Seen Moderator

I'm gonna stick up 5 facts each day, 4 will be true and one false. See if you can guess which of the 5 is not true.

Actually, the thread title is a bit of a misnomer, as my history of forum posting strongly suggests that it's highly unlikely that I'll post them up every single day, as no doubt some days I'll forget, can't find the time or, more likely, just can't be bothered. Or maybe I'll have been arrested for that thing I did back in the 90's (damn DNA :mad:). OR MAYBE STEVE_UK WILL RENDER THE THREAD COMPLETELY POINTLESS BY USING GOOGLE FFS :banghead
  15. Steve_uk

I'd rather watch Family Fortunes non-stop for 24 hours..
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

You're BANNED from this thread, Steve.
  17. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

FFS, if you're going to Google that one, use the Incognito mode.
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

WHY COULDN'T THIS BELLEND JUST USE THE WORD 'RULES' LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE WOULD?????
  19. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Never mind all that, where are today's 5 facts? :hissyfit
  20. Seen

Seen Moderator

Coming up later, off to play footy in the freezing cold :cold