1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

The Christmas Thread...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by winrew, Dec 23, 2011.

1. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Mines tomorrow night & it's a free bar & I can't take it any more :unsure might do a double gym session tomorrow first....
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Back alive and with a bag full of Indian food that would feed an actual family in India for a month.

Fucke 'em, I'm hungry
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I'm back too and fcuking starving but there's nowt in that catches my fancy, would kill for a steak pie tell the truth.
    Not a bad night out but nothing really to write home about, It's a sad state of affairs when the highlight of my day was a grease ridden full English at 9 o'clock this morning, It was meant to soak up the ale but I couldn't wait to shit it out tell the truth.
    I think I've turned the corner into old age:cold
  4. traeth

traeth Moderator

Had a good day and met a lot of people I havn't seen for years , It was a long day and there are a few vague sections of the evening, I remember seeing people but no idea what we talked about . I had to check my phone to see who I rang . I may need to apologise to few people in the next few days.
  5. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Had my last night at work thursday went out last night with my mates for our yearly christmas night out dont remember to much apart from watching the darts in the pub on the big screen ended up in some club were it was full of absolute dickheads wannabe gangsters not much happened so no black eyes for me :thumb
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Indian was bloody lovely last night. Even better this morning though.

God knows why but I feel fine which is surprising as I'd had nothing bar a couple of shortbread biscuits to eat all day yesterday and I hadn't had anything to eat after work Thursday either as I'd been grazing all day at a works buffet. Maybe shortbread is the way to go in the future:lol

I usually bollock some cheese or a couple of dairylea cheese triangles down me before a session in the hope that the fat content will soak up some of the alcohol.

What are your hangover cures or preventions?

New thread I think
    http://www.betnod.com/threads/hangover-cures-or-preventions.2769/
  7. winrew

winrew GILF

Just clocked with a Bushmills , and a few home made sausage rolls ...
    Down the local about 8 ish for a few , buffet on and free pool table , and Christmas music all night ..
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I'm off out in a bit, probably not for too long though. Workout first, shits too dodgy for the gym earlier :unsure
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Just finished putting the lights back up on the windows because the fcuking lot fell off over the course of the last week or so,going to order a curry now then I'll be on the pop for the rest of the night.
    Did all my running around last night so hopefully tonight I can get my feet up, was a bit pissed off earlier on mind to see half price Turkeys in Aldis after I had bought mine over the weekend, bloody loads left too.
  10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Got the beer scooter home from first day out on friday and was home tucked up in bed for 9pm on saturday one. Thats what I get for being a gutsy fucker on the friday. Soewed on the train going up to edinburgh on sat as well.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I've had a good one so far as well keggers:lol. Can't just be me who think the dates have fallen really well for some good sessions this year.

Out Friday, stayed in Saturday, out Sunday, quiet Monday (couple of beers with the bro' watching the football) out Tuesday, out today (but only a mini-session as the pubs are only open for a couple of hours) then back for Xmas dinner with the family- don't drink in the house so I'll be ready for a session tomorrow if necessary although I haven't planned anything and have alternative options for Friday if not out tomorrow.
  12. Seen

Seen Moderator

Merry Xmas, motherfuckers
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good to hear you've all been having a good one.

I've been pretty quiet so far and have only been pissed once.

I made the decision to withdraw all my money (bar a tenner) and stick it in my wallet instead, just before xmas, so that i wouldn't blow it all on gambling. It's starting to look the right decision as i picked 6 selections on Boxing day and didn't have a single winner, though i've still got the possibility of returns on the darts or the next WBA manager. The Albion bet looks very slim though (Jol or Zola).

I do have a regret about not leaving another fiver in as i've since spotted a 20/1 chance that appealed... Christian Benteke to be a Man Utd player after the January transfer window, 20/1 Betvic, as short as 4/1 with S.James.

Away from gambling though i've only been out once since we finished for xmas and that was on Xmas eve. Probably the best Xmas eve ever. Loads of us out and all on top form, a cracking session. Even bumping into my lad didn't spoil it. I knew he'd give me shit if i spoke to him but i still wished the horrible little fanny a merry Xmas.

So i've still a fair whack left in my wallet, but that's all about to be blown over the next 8 days. I'm hitting the big city (Worcester) :ohwell early afternoon tomorrow with workmates, out with the mrs on Sunday, then out with another mate on Monday for a few. I'm off to Hereford v Kiddie Harriers on New Yrs Day and then i'm up to Anfield for the cup game v Oldham on the 5th. That'll be my xmas done.
    I'm not likely to be about too much until after that so i'll wish you all a Happy New Year now. Have a good one all :beer
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Have you seen how many goals United have shipped so far this season? They need to strengthen the midfield and the back four NOW! A striker is not a priority and you've got to ask yourself whether they have the money available to buy three class players in the January window (if they're available). They could possibly just splash out on one midfielder and make Jones the permanent centreback (although he's injured and out for a couple of weeks anyway) but a midfield is THE priority. Benteke would be a luxury unless they've found someone who wants one of their other players - Kagawa springs to mind as he doesn't seem to be getting his share of games.

I'd go as far as to say that if they don't buy a quality midfielder or central defender in January, they won't finish in the top four. Their problem is not scoring goals, it's having to play useless cunts like Evans at the back.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

I've had a good Christmas apart from waking up this morning with the shits, I need to get a downstairs bog because I'm sick of running up and down the bleedin stairs.
    I've either ate a dodgey pork pie or my body's beginning to reject alcohol.
  16. winrew

winrew GILF

At the Mrs works do tonight , all the folk from the Post Office , cant bide them to be honest :frown
    Still , i shall paint a smile on my face and get drunk ..
  17. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I think Benteke's more likely to turn up at Arsenal personally. I'm wondering what the Champions League registration cut off is for the next rounds & is that why he's 'injured'?
  18. slick

slick Administrator

Similar stories floating around about RVP and whether he's Injured or not, if that's the attitude then best to get shut asap but for a premium price.

The shit's have finally calmed down now thank fcuk, I've just managed to have a fart without worrying about staining the couch. I've been living on the edge all day.
  19. winrew

winrew GILF

One homosexual , a lesbian , a cockney and a lass who is a Brummie , food was excellent , the company was less so , i have just about bit my tongue in two , rather than comment on the people we were with , still , the wife's a cracker ..
    Punter likes this.
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

I know ODM, they certainly do, but there's always a reason why players are injured in December. Both are on the move, whether i've got the right club remains to be seen.

I couldn't be arsed with Worcester in the end, trapesing from bar to bar. Malvern's the place to be. One bar, one big piss up.

Wife spewing for England half hour ago, that's not like her, i best go check on her...