Wet the whistle

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kegman, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I'm trying some ales tonight that i dont think i've ever tried before St Peters ale and Fullers London Pride

I'll have a couple of drams later as i'm beginning to enjoy whisky. It gives me a goods night sleep and i'm never too ruff in morning.

Whats everybody else quaffing nowadays ?
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've been off the drink (and spliffs) for 20 days now :cry i intend to keep that going for as long as possible. Probable return to normality date - Cheltenham Gold Cup day, Guinness and more Guinness, though a mate keeps telling me to switch to Doombar
  3. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I'm not drinking as much as i usual do but still like a big blowout now and again. Enjoying the golf and love getting out first thing. Tee'd off this morning at 7:50 fecking freezing mind but have played golf with raging hangovers and belueve me there's nothing worse than hitting a golf ball feeling ruff as fuck
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Hardly drink anymore, but enjoy it more on the odd occasion. 4 & 1/2 stone down from last xmas, down 3 sizes in jeans, never knew my cock was so big tbh....well, wasnt sure I had a cock at one point :unsure
  5. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Know on Wells Banana bread beer. Beautiful.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yes there is. First five minutes of a football match Saturday or Sunday and you've had a skinfull the night before. Ball goes forty feet in the air and the only player on your side anywhere near where it's coming down is you and you know you're going to have to head it.

I'd rather hit 300 fucking golf balls
  7. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I'm guessing the golf would be easier at your age as well, ODM :wasnme
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

To be honest mate, they both take about the same amount of effort on the Playstation
  9. winrew

winrew GILF

Check out Ledaig , single malt , one of the kids got it for me for Christmas , its almost clear liquid , bloody lovely stuff...
    Not golfing for another month at least , to wet / cold / snowy / muddy etc etc ..
  10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Its Birra Moretti - italian lager today for me.

Nice sup !!
  11. slick

slick Administrator

I feel cheated.

Just opened a box of Magners cider which I bought from Asda's and the bottle seemed smaller although the box looked the same as usual, on closer inspection the bottle's are now 500ml rather than the usual 568ml (pint), I wouldn't mind but the price has even risen since last week the robbing cnut's.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Right, time to break my no drinking stance. Bearing in mind i've not had a drink or spliff since Jan 5th, i'm away to get shitted on the Guinness. Two cans should do it :embarassed

Enjoy your mini magners Slick lol
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

14. winrew

winrew GILF

Just had a load of Jim Beam , with honey , effienmg lovely stuff ...
    Punter likes this.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

Won it down the club, no doubt
  16. slick

slick Administrator

WTF are you doing adding honey to Jim Beam!

what next Gin and lemon curd?
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

...Vodka and Custard
  18. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

sherry & custards ok if you add some sponge and raspberries :)

got some Henry Westons Vintage Perry - fecking amazing. tried it when i was down your way punter but it was about a thimble size but found a shop that stocks it and it's amazing. Granted it's not the kind of pear cider that you would take to on a full sesh bar-b-que as it's over 7% but sitting watching a game of footie it's nice to sit and enjoy
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've watched Kegman drink into double figures with 8.4% Henry Westons before folks, the man's lethal on it. I reckon he has this weak 7% pear Cider on his corn flakes in the morning :cold

Lightweight here, had 5 cans of the black stuff in the end last night, me lips went numb after two of them :embarassed I've got my tolerance well done now and i'm a cheap date these days.
  20. beamer

beamer Moderator

I decided to start a single malt whisky collection, which stands at one bottle so far. The idea came about after the stress of telling the kids what I wanted for birthday and Xmas, as I don't need to say " I will let you know" any more and whilst I enjoy a whisky, a bottle can last me 6 months plus.

The problem I've got now is they want to know what to buy. So if anyone can make any suggestions, please post them up.

I played my 2nd & 3rd games of golf last weekend, in preparation for a 4- day trip. It went ok until one of the lads hit a hole in one. Fair enough to the lad I thought, until he told me that was his 2nd on that hole. I asked him was that a record and he replied that someone had hit SEVEN on the same hole, on a course down the road.:banghead

Totally ruined my weekend that comment.