1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Wet the whistle

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kegman, Jan 26, 2013.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Never heard of them Keggers, thought you were talking about a bad pint when I first started reading your post.

What brand are they?
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Me neither- sounds like something i would try
  3. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Thornbridge Brewery - Tesco sell it do one called 'Tart' and it'll give you a rough idea. Very refreshing.

Petrus is a belgian brewery and Lidl had a 6 pack of different beers by them for 7 quid. The Aged Red is a fsntastic beer - cherry. Fucking amazing.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Howson likes all things cherry I'll mention it to him.

We was at the Manchester Christmas markets once and and he wouldn't fcuking shut up about how good the Cherry Lager was and how I should try it, I was drinking normal lager as I'm not keen on fruity beers or ciders.

To shut him up so I asked for a Cherry Lager even though it cost a £1 quid more, the fella behind the bar just put a squirt of cherry squash in a pint pot and filled it up with the lager I was drinking anyhow, what a fcuking rip off, Howson still gets in in the ear over that to this day.
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Pleased to see that you two have found new ways to spice up your sex life:lol
  6. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

He'll go deaf :lol
  7. slick

slick Administrator

What!! :embarassed
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Had a few pints of the black stuff last Saturday, then some daft fucker decided to buy shots. Anyone tried Fireball or Tennessee Fire? It's a Whisky and Cinnamon mix.
    Sounds horrible and i hate whisky anyway but i found this stuff moorish, very moorish. No hangover either!
  9. slick

slick Administrator

I like the sound of the no hangover but I find shots a bit sickly.
    I'm the current Cancun Caribbean Club Village Tequila Shot Champion which I'm still very proud of, albeit a Hurricane flattening the place a few weeks after I left so it's a record I'll always hold lol.
    I was pissed when I started and managed to down 21 of them:puke whilst the International opposition struggled to reach double figures.

Never since though have I ever touched Tequila or shots:lol
  10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Love the fireball one. Only usually have it at christmas time. Lovely stuff.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Spooky. I don't think I've ever had a tequila shot until last night. Out with work when some idiot bought me two right at the end of the night. I was already pissed by then but I swear that's what made me feel like shit today. Got to go out tonight as well:eek:
  12. slick

slick Administrator

I've got two days owing at work before the end of the month otherwise I lose them; so I've booked off this Friday and next for a couple of long weekends.

Been trying to break myself in slowly for the weekend tonight by sticking to red but once I got the taste fcuked everything up by being a greedy bastard and tucking into Cider and whiskey as well, I'll wish I never tomorrow but fcuk it and live for the moment.

In hindsight should have posted this in the 'week that was' thread really because the dog took a turn for the worse again this week with another £70 quid down uneventful waste of time trip to the vets .
    I should have kept a diary about this because I think I've got to the bottom of it myself (touche wood).

It all intermingled at once hence when the 'Eureka' moment happened she was already booked in to see the vet so I let it roll.

I was all ready to tell the vets and share my discoveries when they said......(and wait for this)........................drum rooowwwwlllllllll..................
    "How's her dementia? is it getting any better?"

WTFUCKNIGNGHELL are you pricks getting paid for I thought, I should have said it really but I was after a prescription drug so played along.

The drugs they offered were already on the dogs notes as being a no no as she had a negative reaction to them before, FFS man, these fcukers are on more money than most NHS consultants.

As it happens with my findings the dogs sleeping at the side of me like a baby, had I gone along with the vets advice i guarantee she'd be dead this time next week if not before.
    Punter likes this.
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Red, Cider and Whisky. How was the head this morning?

I'm on a dry September, i haven't had a drink for 23 days. I thought i'd swerve it for a bit, after a very greedy summer.
    slick likes this.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Not bad all things considering, went to bed about 3 and the bleeding dog had me up at 8.
    Been meaning to take a power kip all day but for one reason or another I haven't had the time, too late now as my bars just opened.

I don' think I've ever gone more that a week without having a drink since I left school, good on you Punt.
    Punter likes this.
  15. Howson

Howson Active Member

U mean more than a day surely Slick.

I showed Cleggy last nights pissed up post, he went looking for a translator.
    slick likes this.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

More than a day what?

Makes a change because it's normally me looking for a translator for you two Leighy Barmpots because you have your own language.
  17. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I've just purchased a Perfect Draft machine. It only arrived today, took seconds to set up and load (i had already chilled the keg) the keg and it's a brilliant piece of kit.

If you love draught beers/lagers then this is defo the way forward. Work out roughly £1.80 a pint.
    Punter likes this.
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

Sounds good Kegs.

I'm still going strong atm, no drink for 38 days. I'll be pissed on a pint when i get back on it.
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Hats off to you mate, that's terrific going. Similar to Slick I've very rarely gone a week without a beer in the last 30 years and I know I should do for the good of my health (for my blood pressure, to give my liver a rest and I could happily lose a stone). I set off this year with the best of intentions of having a two week gap off the beer every 6 to 8 weeks. It's October and I've managed it twice:ohwell. Saw a mate last night who's lost a bit of weight (not fat by any means, just a bit of a beer belly) and he looked ten years younger. He said he'd cut out cakes and chocolate and I'm a big fan of neither of those things. Beer and curries/kebabs/pizzas is what fucks me up. I like my food and I like a drink - not that I actually like the taste of the stuff but I somehow manage to force enough down my neck to make other people seem remotely interesting :lol

I'm putting this down in writing now that I WILL lose half a stone in the next ....erm......let's say by the end of November (just in time to put it on again at Xmas. I'm going to weigh myself in the morning and keep an update in The week that was thread
    slick and Punter like this.
  20. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

:clap
    Punter likes this.